From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FTP Server
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 16:49:40
1 On Tuesday 6 June 2006 18:01, JimD wrote:
2
3 > I have ssh. However, How many of the typical winXP tools for website
4 > editing support sftp? I was just looking at Nvu and the text editing
5 > in it stinks real bad. I don't know what windows software he will
6 > always use. He may try FrontPage or Dreamweaver or some other tool.
7 > A lot of those tools allow publishing to a site with FTP, though I am
8 > not sure if they support sftp.
9
10 You can use a ftp-to-sftp bridge like mindterm (it's in java, so should
11 be os-independent), or tunnel plain ftp over ssh (see
12 http://fonc.sf.net). In both cases, any non-sftp-aware app works just
13 fine, provided that things are set up correctly beforehand.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list