From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Video encoder
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 20:46:34
1 On 11/3/07, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm looking for an easy way to encode the video files I acquire into a
3 > single format and level of quality. It would also be nice to be able
4 > to easily burn a DVD of the resultant file that will play on a home
5 > DVD player. I'm sure there are at least several choices in portage
6 > and probably sunrise, but does anyone use one they are happy with and
7 > would heartily recommend?
8
9 Try OGMRip. I used it successfully to encode video to X264, audio to
10 Ogg Vorbis, and put everything into a Matroska container. It offers a
11 much wider encodings and containers choice (like XviD and MP4). The
12 interface is clean and HIG-compliant. Not sure if it fits your needs,
13 though.
14
15 Regards,
16 Liviu