From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Migrate from rsync to git for emerge --sync?
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 18:06:43
1 On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 01:19:51 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > Maybe you had previously selected one that was deprecated at some
4 > > point and removed from the list?
5 >
6 > I assume that 'mv /usr/portage /usr/portage-old' cause my profile
7 > selecttion to "go away".
8
9 It did, but if all you had changed in repos.conf was the sync method, it
10 would have come back after the next sync. I switched from rsync to git
11 some time ago and it just worked.
12
13 You made the classic mistake of changing two things at once and then not
14 knowing which change caused the blow up!
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Headline: "Explosion At Sperm Bank, Nurses Overcome"