From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: rxvt vs. xterm (Re: Re: font path [
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 03:57:15
1 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 2016-12-19, lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
4 >> Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> writes:
5 >>
6 >>> I use rxvt because it doesn't have a huge part that nobody uses.
7 >>
8 >> Which part is that,
9 >
10 > One that comes to mind is emulation of a Tektronix 4014 storage-tube
11 > vector-graphics terminal.
12
13 I'll probably never need that ...
14
15 >> and how does it hurt?
16 >
17 > In practice, it usually doesn't. But, it annoys purists and/or the
18 > security conscious who don't like to run programs that contain huge
19 > blocks of code (possibly containing security holes) to implement
20 > unused features they don't want.
21
22 That's quite understandable --- maybe I'll give rxvt another try, and if
23 only to see what it was that made me prefer xterm.