From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: I copied a Gentoo VM and now networking doesn't work.
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 07:58:42
1 It had nothing to do with the copying.
2
3 It's the annoying udev rules stuff, it freakin' figures out everything else in your system, but the MAC is "static" or something.
4 Edit this file:
5
6 /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
7
8 Change your MAC to the one that VMWare assigned the VM.
9 You can find this in the .vmx file (amongst other ways)
10
11 > -----Original Message-----
12 > From: news [mailto:news@×××××××××.org] On Behalf Of reader@×××××××.com
13 > Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 12:58 PM
14 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
15 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: I copied a Gentoo VM and now
16 > networking doesn't work.
17 >
18 > "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net> writes:
19 >