From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: FYI: Daily / weekly / monthly cron jobs run twice on DST - non-DST transition
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 17:21:24
1 On 2017-11-03 02:53, Kai Peter wrote:
2
3 > 2. the shell script have to do some checks, e.g. the last run - I did
4 > wrote a small 'include' script for that
5
6 Isn't your 'small include script' just another implementation of run-crons?
7
8 If not: how does it handle _missed_ jobs, if at all?
9
10 If you want to run a monthly job on a host that is not always on, do you
11 have to pretend it's an hourly job and check in the script itself?
12
13 > Thus it's portable. The job have to be done once.
14
15 If you want your _entire_ configuration to be portable, and my above point
16 about monthly schedule sticks, then you have to ignore the monthly
17 feature of all the crons on all your systems, because you cannot rely on
18 it in any one system.
21 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
22 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
23 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.