From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pair Programming & Non-Routable IP Address
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:05:30
1 On 22 July 2010 16:20, William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > Zebedee is a port based tunnel when only a single (or a few) ports needs
3 > tunneling between two end points - designed originally for vnc type
4 > connections and works great over low bandwidth and poor quality
5 > connections.
6 >
7 > ssh tunnel - similar to zebedee but Ive found it flakey and unreliable
8 > with anything other than a good connection between two end points, far
9 > prefer zebedee for this, but ssh is on almost everything by default
10 > these days.
11
12 I finally got a simple variation working with SSH. I have a web app
13 running on localhost:8080 which I can now access on my.server.com:8080
14 by executing (on localhost):
15
16 ssh -f -N -q -R my.server.com:8080:localhost:8080 my.server.com
17
18 I can't figure out how to do this with zebedee, though. I think it
19 must be some combination of "listenmode" and "clientmode" but I can't
20 seem to come up with the right sequence of commands.
21
22 Any pointers?