From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unpacking a .exe file
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 21:29:10
1 On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 22:23:43 +0100, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I seem to be having problems unpacking a particular wireless driver. I
5 > tried
6 > both unzip and cabextract and neither will do the deed:
7 > =======================================================
8 > $ unzip -l wg511v2_3_2.exe
9 > Archive: wg511v2_3_2.exe
10 > End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
11 > a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
12 > latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
13 > the last disk(s) of this archive.
14 > note: wg511v2_3_2.exe may be a plain executable, not an archive
15 > unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of wg511v2_3_2.exe or
16 > wg511v2_3_2.exe.zip, and cannot find wg511v2_3_2.exe.ZIP,
17 period.
18 >
19 > $ cabextract -l wg511v2_3_2.exe
20 > wg511v2_3_2.exe: no valid cabinets found
21 >
22 > All done, errors in processing 1 file(s)
23 > =======================================================
24 >
25 > Last time I used cabextract (more than a couple of years now) I don't
26 > recall
27 > having such problems. How can I troubleshoot this, or how else can I
28 > extract
29 > the .sys files from in there?
30
31 The files can be compressed with whatever algorithm. So you can
32 still try unrar and many others. Failing that, you can still
33 try to extract it using wine.
36 Jesús Guerrero