From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gkrelltop segfaulting
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:05:20
1 Hello list,
2
3 I've been using gkrellm on my desktop box for many years, including gkrelltop.
4 It starts from gkrellm in the default soft-level.
5
6 Recently I started also running gkrellmd on an Atom box on the LAN, starting a
7 separate instance of gkrellm at a command line on the desktop. I had followed
8 the ebuild instruction to add "plugin-enable gkrelltopd" to /etc/gkrellmd.conf
9 on the Atom box, and restarted its gkrellmd.
10
11 I then opened the config dialogue on my desktop and told it to display
12 gkrelltop, which it did, but after a variable number of minutes gkrellmd
13 segfaulted. If I uninstall gkrelltop and reconfigure gkrellm not to show it,
14 gkrellm is stable.
15
16 Has anyone else here experienced this, or have I tripped over a bug?
19 Regards
20 Peter