From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] quick kmail question
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:00:57
1 On Monday 05 March 2007, "Matthew R. Lee" <gentoo@××××××××××.org> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] quick kmail question':
3 > When I click on a URL in an email it opens a new Konqueror window.
4 > However I have it set in my Konqueror configuration to "Open as tab in
5 > existing Konqueror when URL is called externally" I've looked through
6 > the KMail configuration settings but I can't find anywhere to change
7 > this. Is there a way?
8
9 Oddly enough, I have the same settings and it "Just Works" (tm) for me.
10 kmail will use a new tab if I have a konq window open and will open a new
11 knoq window if I don't already have one.
12
13 As an aside, it seems that kmail does /something/ to check to see if a
14 existing konq window is responding -- if I click URLs too quickly, some
15 will open in an existing window and others will open in a new window (with
16 multiple tabs in that window if "needed").
17
18 I have also developed the habit of middle-clicking links, since I use
19 kmail+akregator inside kontact and akregator wants to use a khtml tab
20 inside itself if I don't middle-click.
23 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
24 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
25 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
26 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/
27 New GPG Key! Old key expires 2007-03-25. Upgrade NOW!