From: Catalin Trifu <catalin@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SOLVED] Re: kernel compilation problem [panic: not syncing VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknows-block(0,0)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:59:14
1 Hi,
4 Actually the sata_nv was not compiled directly in the kernel, was a module
5 Sorry for the trouble
6
7 Catalin
10 Catalin Trifu wrote:
11 > Hi,
14 > I have just got a new machine with nForce4 chipset and 250GB SATA drive.
15 > I am trying to compile the kernel on the machine (gentoo-sources) and it works
16 > just fine but at boot time I get the panic in the subject and I don't get it
17 > why. I have compiled sata_nv directly in the kernel. I'm not using any raid
18 > or such things.
19 > I also installed the kernel + initrd from the 2006.0 live cd and that kernel
20 > boots just fine.
23 > Thanks,
24 > Catalin
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list