From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Who is mounting /lib64/splash/cache?
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 14:48:34
1 On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have a system where I disabled the fbcondecor kernel option
3 > (gentoo-sources), and the system boots in standard VGA text mode (80x25).
4 > Additionally, I have removed the fbcondecor service from startup. However,
5 > something in the system still mounts /lib64/splash/cache. Also, OpenRC
6 > produces an error message during booting:
7 >
8 > Failed to load theme "Default".
9 >
10 > How can I disable all the fbcondecor/bootsplash stuff? I looked everywhere,
11 > and it doesn't look like there's anything left to disable.
12
13 I don't have access to a machine with it installed right now, but I
14 think splashutils does the mounting of that directory.