From: Jonathan <winelauncher.jonathan@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I eject an audio CD inside Gnome?
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 20:57:16
1 On Sun, 29 May 2011 20:49:05 +0000
2 Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Having played a CD, I discover there's no way to eject it; the physical
5 > button on the drive is inactive until I exit from Gnome, which is
6 > clearly suboptimal.
7
8 Try checking to see if any program has a file open in the cd.
9 If you open a terminal and change the current dir to one on the cd, it will lock it as well as a open file.
10 I had fun and games with that ones.
11
12 If all else fails you could turn the lock off with: echo 0 > /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/lock
13 I'm sure you know that you can add the setting to /etc/sysctl.conf