From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde splash screen won't show up when loading kde
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 00:02:02
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 09:48:16 -0600
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > That figures. So, emerge -e world it is from time to time then.
6 >
7 > Binaries may not have this problem but they sure do have their share
8 > of other problems. lol
9 > haha, you mean like when you have lib v1 and you want to run an app
10 > (from the distro repo!) and it requires lib v2?
11 >
12 > We all know what that's like, and basically then you are SOL...
13 >
14 > :-)
18 Well, I usually don't get to the bottom of the breakage in a binary OS.
19 I do like I did when Mandrake kept screwing with my head. I install
20 Gentoo because:
21
22 < gentoo rocks >
23 --------------
24 \ ^__^
28 || ||
31 That belongs to the guy with the Chinese characters in his name. Sorry, I can't do Chinese. I think it isn't half bad and it is quite true. lol May need some improvements but it's better than I could probably do. o_O
32
33 Dale
34
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!