From: Leopold Gouverneur <lgouv@×××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get rid of gentoo-sources
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 08:56:38
1 On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 04:41:01PM -0700, Sean O'Rourke wrote:
2 > Leopold Gouverneur wrote:
3 > >except that emerge --sync delete package.provided so I must recreate it
4 > >before running emerge -upD world! There is something weird here.
5 >
6 > You need to put it in /etc/portage/package.provided. If you put it in
7 > the profile then yes, it will be overwritten by an emerge --sync.
8 >
9 > - Sean
10 Puting it in /etc/portage does not work for me.
11 Yes, the file is not deleted but it is not read either :-(
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list