From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MacOS 10.4 (Tiger) can't connect to smaba share
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:15:25
1 On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 14:31 -0400, A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Paul Hoy wrote:
3 >
4 > > I don't know if this is related, but maybe the problem is that Tiger's
5 > > implementation of Samba does not support plain text passwords by
6 > > default; they are now encrypted. The Mac support site offers a
7 > > workaround for this.
8 >
9 > Every Tiger review Ive read talks about this issue, so its a known
10 > problem.
11
12 Can't see how this would be a problem, windows has had encrypted
13 passwords for SMB by default since about win98, so why anyone would try
14 to run their samba server with plain text passwords is beyond me anyway.
18 > --
21 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list