From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox bookmarks
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 04:31:06
1 On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 03:21:08 -0500
2 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 12:10:33AM -0500, Philip Webb wrote
5 > > Can anyone tell me where Firefox stores its bookmarks ?
6 > > I want to copy the bookmarks from my Gentoo system to another
7 > > system ; I've tried copying .cache/mozilla & .mozilla ,
8 > > but it has no effect on the bookmarks shown by Firefox in the other
9 > > machine.
10 >
11 > Remember to shut down the target Firefox first. The file to copy is
12 > places.sqlite as per http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite
13
14 Make sure to remove all places.sqlite-* files from the target profile
15 first. (Mozillazine's article was written before there were any such
16 files.)