From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox/Watefox and jack?
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 16:13:28
1 On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 8:38 AM <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Is Firefox/Waterfox able to interface with jackd?
4 >
5 > Cheers!
6 > Meino
9 Personally, meaning my thoughts having used Jack for years, is that you'd
10 be asking for an insane numbers of problems and never ending
11 disappointments if you went this way.
12
13 That said:
14
15 https://jackaudio.org/applications/
16
17 at the very bottom of the page it does indicate that if you build Firefox
18 with custom build flags that it will connect to jackd.
19
20 A little bit of browsing makes it look (to my untrained eye) that possibly
21 these build flags were never fully adopted by the Firefox folks but as I
22 think this is an idea that's likely to produce more tears than joy I didn't
23 look very hard.
24
25 I use Jack every day on my system. Personally I'd never use it for general
26 purpose web audio.
27
28 Good luck, and if you do it let us know how it works.
29
30 Mark