From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 18:05:44
1 On Samstag, 7. August 2010, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:20:41 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > I dont want to install vdr just for the reason to generate
4 > > a textfile with a program guide.
5 >
6 > That's why I didn't post the vdr results.
7 >
8 > > And in my initial posting I mentioned, that I use a dvb-t card
9 > > as source, therefore nxtvepg is not useable for this purpose
10 > > as far as I think, since it uses bttv and network based tv
11 > > streams.
12 >
13 > Look at the web site, it mentions using it with DVB-T cards.
14
15 Yes, and if you read this chapter, it states:
16
17 --- snip ---
18 Digital TV transmission (DVB)
19 DVB natively supports an EPG which is completely unrelated to Nextview EPG. A
20 major difference between those two is that DVB EPG is provided by the
21 respective networks themselves and covers at most several related networks
22 (i.e. channels in the same bouquet), while Nextview EPG is provided network
23 independently and usually covers all national networks in a country.
24 --- snip ---
25
26 So no, nxtvepg does not support the normal EPG of DVB-?.
27
28 To just gather the epg I still think the easiest way is to install plain vdr
29 and vdr-dummydevice as dummy output device, add a matching channels.conf.
30
31 Then run it, trigger a epg scan and after some time stop vdr.
32
33 Regards
34 Matthias