From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] custom-cxxflags not supported but on anyway
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:53:42
1 On Monday 16 February 2009 20:36:02 Dale wrote:
2 > Well, it is done now.  You know what would be nice, a mailing list that
3 > announces these new "features".  Maybe one that only devs can post to
4 > but anyone can receive.  Just a little note that something new is coming
5 > and what it does would be really nice.
6
7 Well, there sort-of is something like that already - the Changelog. The
8 trouble with news-announce-change lists is that no-one can ever make up their
9 mind as to what goes on it and what doesn't, so they end up sooner or later
10 being a dump for the entire Changelog (which you already have :-) )
11
12 I've been caught out by this stuff too many times. Now I always read
13 /var/portage/profiles/package.mask before an update. With a bit of practise
14 anf doing it frequently, you get a good idea of what parts of the tree are
15 active and where changes are being made. Helps with predicting stuff :-)
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com