From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ATLAS@home and VirtualBox
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:40:17
1 Hello list,
2
3 Has anyone here succeeded in getting this BOINC project to run? No matter
4 what I try, I get "task postponed 86400.000000 sec: Communication with VM
5 Hypervisor failed."
6
7 I've tried all available versions of gentoo-sources, virtualbox and boinc to
8 no avail. Virtualization and Intel Vt-D are switched on in the UEFI BIOS. I
9 can't see anything else in there that might affect this.
10
11 In case it's a GPU problem I've also tried all available versions of amdgpu-
12 ucode and linux-firmware. This is a new box with a Radeon R9 380 display card
13 which shows up thus:
14
15 # lspci -ns 01:00.0
16 01:00.0 0300: 1002:6938 (rev f1)
17
18 One straw to clutch at is that the one VirtualBox client I run is 32-bit. Is
19 there a knack to getting 64-bit virtualisation to work?
20
21 (I won't ask why 11 digits of precision are needed to represent 1 day.)
24 Rgds
25 Peter