From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python-2.7 && python-updater
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 21:34:52
1 On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 12:10:12 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've been through this 2.7 update process on 4 machines now. It seems
5 >> on all of my machines the python-updater thing is pretty much always
6 >> broken with respect to:
7 >>
8 >> openoffice-bin
9 >> boost
10 >> emul-linux-x86-baselibs
11 >
12 > Aren't those manually added to the list by python-updater? So you need to
13 > use -dmanual to prevent further rebuilding of them.
16 > --
17 > Neil Bothwick
18
19 I guess I'm not clear on the use of 'manual' here. They are
20 automatically added. If they are correctly rebuilt then they shouldn't
21 need to be added a second time, correct? However they are. (Over and
22 over...)
23
24 Basically, it is my understanding that if everything is correctly
25 updated then on the second pass it should say there's nothing to do,
26 right?
27
28 I mean, I can add anything to a list of things not to build, but I
29 don't know why I'd add them vs just letting it run and telling me it's
30 doing them a 2nd/3rd time and feeling the job must be done.
31
32 I assume there is stuff in these packages that is somehow hard linked
33 to python-2.6 libraries or something and one of these days that will
34 get fixed?
35
36 - Mark