From: Dunc <dunc@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] recent booting problems
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:44:44
1 Hi,
2
3 i rebooted my firewall yesterday, and it stopped just after the initrd,
4 when trying to fsck the root filesystem, because it had failed to
5 remount the / filesystem read-only because it was busy, and thus fsck
6 was warning about checking a live filesystem
7
8 i rebooted from livecd, and fsck'ed my partitions manually, to make sure
9 they were ok, and then rebooted and said yes to fsck the live FS, and it
10 carried on and booted ok
11
12 i suspected i had baselayout out of sync or some such, so did emerge
13 sync and then upgraded baselayout.
14
15 that didn't help, so i tried emerge -e system, and also upgrade of
16 world, and then i also rebuilt my initrd with genkernel, in case
17 something had changed in there.
18
19 still the same, so now i'm quite stuck
20
21 anyone else had this recently?
22
23 my kernels and ramdisk are always built with genkernel, and as i say
24 above i'm bang up to date now
25
26 any help greatly appreciated
27