From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOLVED: permissions problem with kino
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 15:44:00
1 On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 08:57:41 +0200
2 Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Le 06 août à 07:30:12 Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net> écrit notamment:
7 > Looking at the two necessary modules for kino:
8 > /dev/raw/raw1394 is in group disk, while /dev/dv1394-0 is in group root;
9 > (is this a feature of the gentoo installation?)
12 I don't see dv1394 in the udev rules. That doesn't seem to have made it
13 yet. So it's a missing feature. It will need to be either created seperatly
14 as a rule. Something like - 95-firewire.rules in /etc/udev/rules.d
15
16 > I put /dev/dv1394-0 in the disk group as well and now everything seems to
17 > be ok, unless there might be some side effect(s)?
20 It should be no problem. Technically, it would go into group - video.
21
22 There is an example of how to setup a custom device, including the udev
23 rule at -
24
25 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Griffin_PowerMate_with_UDEV_and_Kernel_2.6.x
26