From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OpenVZ vs VServer...
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 11:18:47
1 Hi,
2
3 is there anyone having experiences with both OpenVZ and VServer?
4 I'd be interested in comparing them, concerning their features,
5 stability, security, overhead penalty, etc.
6
7 I would like to use either one or the other for my small server
8 (already excluded vmware/xen as being to heavy-weight for me),
9 but I still do not have enough info to decide, which one is
10 better for me (or better in general).
11
12 The only difference I found is networks stack: it is virtuallised
13 in OpenVZ, but afaik not in VServer (not sure if this is still true).
14
15 Is there any chance to get sometimes these virtualisation patches
16 in the main linux kernel? Which one is more promising/acceptable?
17
18 Is there actually any signifficant difference between OpenVZ/VServer?
19
20 Jarry
24 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
25 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list