From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emergency shutdown, how to?
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:00:55
1 quoth the Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:28:29 +0200, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
3 > > But nobody proposed _not_ to run ALT + SysRq + U, Neil even proposed
4 > > ALT + SysRq + EISUB, to be sure everything is killed, sync'd and
5 > > unmounted.
6 >
7 > Just don't try to do E or I over an SSH connection. It kills the SSH
8 > daemon and you can't reboot the box. You can guess how I learned that
9 > one :(
10
11 Ha. Hopefully the machine wasn't too far away physically.
12
13 -d
14 --
15 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
16 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
17 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972
18 --
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list