From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Missing CPU options in make menuconfig
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:54:42
1 On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:33:04 -0400, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
2
3 > I don't use gentoo sources but I remember reading about gentoo patches
4 > for processor specific optimizations and being tempted to try them. Is
5 > it possible that is what you're refering to?
6 >
7 > The vanilla sources only shows 5 choices for me on amd64:
8 > (X) Opteron/Athlon64/Hammer/K8
9 > ( ) Intel P4 / older Netburst based Xeon
10 > ( ) Core 2/newer Xeon
11 > ( ) Intel Atom
12 > ( ) Generic-x86-64
13 >
14 > And it shows a different set of options when I run it on an x86 machine.
15
16 That's what I get here, but help lists all the ones I get in
17 gentoo-sources, apart from MNATIVE, which indicates to me that those
18 options should be available, once I work out how to switch them on.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Processor: (n.) a device for converting sense to nonsense at the speed
25 of electricity, or (rarely) the reverse.