From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Upgrading from 5.14 to 6.0 version
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:30:51
1 On Monday, 21 November 2022 16:50:14 GMT Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2022-11-21, Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On Monday, 21 November 2022 16:11:13 GMT Grant Edwards wrote:
4 > >> I did have to give up the option of having multiple X11
5 > >> screens. The proprietary NVidia driver supported multiple screens,
6 > >> but the drivers for built-in Intel and Radeon drivers don't seem
7 > >> to.
8 > >
9 > > AMD APUs with embedded radeon graphics work fine here with two
10 > > monitors (DVI + HDMI ports).
11 >
12 > Yes, multiple montors work fine with both Intel and Radeon embedded
13 > graphics with Xorg drivers.
14 >
15 > It's multiple X11 screens that isn't supported. An X11 screen is the
16 > entity that's managed by single window manager and comprises what's
17 > usually called "a desktop". A screen can include multiple monitors.
18 >
19 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/multihead#Separate_screens
20
21 You're right, I thought you meant two different monitors in Xinerama style. I
22 didn't know anyone who still uses separate displays (screens) these days.