From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Slighty confused about net connections
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 18:35:18
1 Hi,
2
3 I am /slightly/ confused about a specific net setup:
4
5 There are two small (technically identical) embedded
6 gentoo "systems" (too small to call them without thos "s).
7
8 Both run the same Gentoo.
9 Both do ethernet over usb.
10
11 Both are configured to have different IPs of the same subnet
12 and do have different MACs.
13
14 Both are connected to the same usb hub of the motherboard of
15 my PC (shich runs Gentoo...).
16
17 I setup one usb0 interface on my PC.
18
19 But regardless in which order I plug in the USB cables to
20 those little boards: I cannot ssh to the second board.
21 When used alone there are no problems, so both boards
22 are technically ok.
23
24 Do I really need two interfaces isb0 and usb1 with different
25 subnets here?
26
27 Or do I miss something?
28