From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge gnome fail
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:05:38
1 Jose Juan Montiel writes:
2
3 > yesterday i finally decide to try Gentoo (I came from debian).
4
5 Welcome!
6
7 > I follow all step of
8 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml but when i
9 > finally go to install gnome... in the latests package (mailclient or
10 > something similar) fail...
11 >
12 > I would like to know how to skip a failed package of metapackage
13 > gnome... or how to update to other version (2.28 -> 2.30)...
14 >
15 > Sorry for this trivial question ;)
16
17 Use emerge --resume --skipfirst to continue where you were, skipping
18 this package.
19 Or simply emerge --keep-going <package>, this will continue
20 automatically even if a package fails.
21 To compile the package that faileed, there is often a bug report on
22 bugs.gentoo.org already. Just google for the error message, and if
23 you're lucky, you will find the solution. If not, just open a new bug
24 report :)
25
26 Oh, and please open a new thread the next time. This one appears under
27 the openrc thread.
28
29 Wonko