From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] downgrading gcc
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 00:06:08
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 19 April 2009 22:18:24 Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> 2) Should I expect any problems with the system if I do
5 >>
6 >> emerge -e system
7 >> emerge -e system [OPTIONAL]
8 >> emerge -e world
11 > Why would you want to do this?
12 >
13 > Do you suspect a toolchain API/ABI breakage between 4.1.2 and 4.3.2?
17 He has been having trouble with mythtv, separate thread, and he has ran
18 out of other options. He was following my thread and wants to back up
19 to the old version of gcc to see if that corrects his problem. I
20 suspect he would need to at least do a emerge -e mythtv to test this. I
21 don't have mythtv here but I suspect that would be just about everything
22 on his system and if gcc is causing this issue, he may as well test it
23 all at once.
24
25 That's the reason for what he is doing.
26
27 Dale
28