From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE message
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 02:42:30
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 18:43 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > The ebuild for media-libs/libmpeg3-1.5.2 is giving me a message I don't
5 > know how to use:
6 >
7 > > WARN: prerm
8 > > Please upgrade your package (libmpeg3-1.5.2) to use toolchain-funcs.eclass
9 > >
10 > > WARN: postrm
11 > > Please upgrade your package (libmpeg3-1.5.2) to use toolchain-funcs.eclass
12 >
13 > I don't know how to upgrade this any more than what I just did by emerging it.
14 > Anybody know what it's talking about? Anybody even know what toolchain-funcs
15 > it's talking about -- my browse through the portage tree comes up with
16 > no obvious
17 > candidate.
18
19 I think (and I'm kindof guessing) is this is a message from dev's to
20 dev's, essentially saying the ebuild (libmpeg) needs to be altered
21 slightly to use some new features of portage instead of some old.
22 Something to do with the nature of the continuing development on
23 portage.
24
25 I think you don't need to worry about it at all, so long as your package
26 installs in the end.
27
28 HTH,
32 You can only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list