From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Avi-player diplaying the current frame counter while playing ?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 03:22:32
1 On 05/26 02:29, wabe wrote:
2 > tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > currentlu I am playing around with Blender animations.
7 > >
8 > > To sync certain movements of objects to other objects
9 > > I need the exact frame number, at which "something
10 > > happens" ;)
11 > >
12 > > The clips are of the avi-format but they are of non
13 > > standard resultions. MPlayer does not play them
14 > > ("no audio found" and that's it) but mpv has no
15 > > problem with them.
16 > > But mpv only prints the perceantage of how much
17 > > is played already (I cant convice mpv otherwise...)
18 > >
19 > > Is there a way to instruct mpv to print the current
20 > > frame count while playing?
21 >
22 > I read the mpv man page and found a solution.
25 > Create a file ~/.mpv/input.conf with the content
26 >
27 > i show-text ${estimated-frame-number}
28 >
29 > When playing a video you can now press the i-key to see the
30 > current framenumber.
31 >
32 > But manpage says about the estimated-frame-number property:
33 > "This is only an estimate. (It's computed from two unreliable
34 > quantities: fps and possibly rounded timestamps.)
35 >
36 > I've tested it with some videos that I recorded with my
37 > smartphone and it seemed that the printed frame number was
38 > always correct.
41 > Another thing that it maybe useful:
42 >
43 > If you start mpv from command line with these two options
44 >
45 > --osd-level=3 --osd-fractions=yes
46 >
47 > then the OSD as well as the console output shows you the
48 > current timestamp with milliseconds.
49 >
50 > If you don't wanna start mpv from command line then you can
51 > also add these two options to ~/.mpv/config
52 > If you do this you need a line for every option and you may
53 > not include the double hyphens.
56 > Btw.: If you press the . key while playing a video, mpv will
57 > switch to single frame mode. Every time you press this key
58 > again, mpv shows the next frame.
59 > You can use the space bar to continue/pause the video.
60 >
61 > --
62 > Regards
63 > wabe
64 >
65 Hi Wabe,
66
67 thanks for your help and search!!! :)
68
69 Before I sent my post I looked through the mpv manpages and searched
70 for keywords like "frame counter", "frames", "position" etc. and
71 either overlooked what you have found or it makes not "click" in my
72 head since it seems now that I did not fully understood what I saw (I
73 am no native speaker)...
74
75 I will tryt out that!
76