From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: Viktar Patotski <xp.vit.blr@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Running Gentoo infrastructure on MacOS
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:02:44
1 On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 01:28:03 +0300
2 Viktar Patotski <xp.vit.blr@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi List,
5 >
6 > I know that it's possible to install Gentoo as a dual boot on a Mac Book.
7 > However I do like MacOs interface and it's power saving features. So, I
8 > have a question: Is there any way to have MacOs booted, but use Gentoo
9 > infrastructure (portage, packages etc.)? I'm aware of VirtualBox and
10 > similar options, but is there a way to be integrated in more easy way?
11 > Something similar to container based virtualisation?
12
13 If you have some experience managing Gentoo on Linux
14 Gentoo Prefix on MacOS might be good enough for you:
15 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Prefix
16
17 TL;DR: it's idea is to use EPREFIX=$HOME/gentoo/
18 for all portage-installed packages.
19
20 The initial installation might require a few tweaks.
21 irc://freenode/#gentoo-prefix people should be able to help.
25 Sergei