From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ugly fonts on some seb sites
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:36:21
1 On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Robin Atwood
2 <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > Recently freshmeat (http://freshmeat.net/) updated its look and now I find the
4 > fonts very hard to read. It seems like they are not being rendered with
5 > anti-aliasing. Linux Journal (http://www.linuxjournal.com/) seems to have the
6 > same problem. It makes no difference whether I use Firefox or Konqueror, the
7 > appearance is the same. How can I find out what font is being used and maybe
8 > substitute it with CSS?
9
10 Since you mention Konqueror I will assume you're using KDE. In the KDE
11 control panel there is a GTK Themes & Fonts section, and it has an
12 option to use your KDE fonts in GTK programs. Try that if you haven't
13 already.