From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Crippled system
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:22:05
1 On Wednesday 16 April 2008, Richard Marzan wrote:
2 > I had a circular dep problem with mktemp and coreutils and emerge
3 > -C'd coreutils. Now I can't do anything significant just cd. how can
4 > i repair this?
5
6 Boot off a LiveCD somehow. Use one that has a fairly recent coreutils on
7 it, and merge the coreutils pkg onto your actual system on disk. You
8 will have to mount your disk-based system somewhere convenient and tell
9 portage off the LiveCD to use that as the ROOT system to merge to.
10
11 Next time portage tells you that unmerging something in system is a very
12 very very bad idea, you should take it seriously.
15 Alan McKinnon
16 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list