From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using open-vm-tools w/ESXi?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 16:58:28
1 On 01/17/2014 05:10 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 >
3 > One major reason is open-vm-tools requires modules to be enabled in the
4 > kernel, and .
5 >
6 > But... does NUT require modules? Or can I just compile in whatever I
7 > need? I generally have always run my servers without modules enabled (I
8 > know that open-vm-tools requires modules to be enabled), for security
9 > purposes (one less thing to worry about).
12 open-vm-tools also requires fuse, FYI. VMWare does have a lot of kernel
13 options in 3.10.25, which is what I upgraded the virtual machines to.
14 The only module that wasn't in the kernel was vmblock.
15
16 Dan