From: App Deb <appdebgr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: State of Radeon drivers
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:30:28
1 If you are going to use any *nix, nvidia is the best option for years now.
2 The nvidia closed source drivers are of professional quality and have great
3 performance. Actually they are the *standard* for graphics in *nix, and many
4 (professional or not) applications actually support only nvidia.
5
6 The ati oss driver is still under development, sometimes it works ok,
7 sometimes not, and it is mostly for basic desktop usage and in my opinion it
8 is progressing too slow. Anyway, I don't like having a driver that uses 10%
9 of my hardware's capabilties. So until it actually reaches 100% (like the
10 rest of the linux drivers) I can't recommend ATI on linux and nvidia is the
11 way to go.
12
13 On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Florian Philipp <