From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: CPU Temperature
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 01:47:19
1 On Saturday 15 October 2005 21:57, Jamie Dobbs wrote:
2 > I built myself an AMD64 based system a week ago using the following
3 > components:
4 >
5 > Albatron K8NF4U motherboard
6 > AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Socket 939)
7 > 1GB DDR Memory
8 > Albatron TC6200 video card
9 >
10 > Motherboard sensors indicate that the CPU core is running at a constant
11 > 65 degrees Celcius and this figure does not change more than a degree
12 > no matter what is being done, it only increased to 66 degrees C while
13 > doing a compile of xorg, kde and gnome which took a few hours.
14 >
15 > Should I be worried about these figures? The heatsink feels only
16 > slightly warm to the touch and I am sure it is seated correctly so I
17 > wonder if the BIOS is reporting the right temperatures. Does anyone have
18 > the same board that can help me out here?
21 as long as your box is stable, it does not matter, what the sensors say. They
22 are lying all the time.
23
24 They are so much off the real value most of the time, that the only
25 temperature that maters, when your box starts to behave strangely.
26
27 Note down that temperature, and do everything to not reach it. But everything
28 below that is nice&cool.
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list