From: Francesco Talamona <francesco.talamona@××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Latest unstable ntp not generating ntp.drift file.
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 18:51:38
1 On Thursday 06 January 2011, Dale wrote:
2 > I deleted the /etc/adjtime but it has not been recreated. What
3 > creates this file? I deleted it a couple days ago and nothing has
4 > brought it back yet.
5
6 /sbin/hwclock --systohc does.
7
8 What happens in the long run if you don't run any synchronization
9 service at all? Does the time go stray or it just exhibits a systematic
10 error?
11
12 Ciao
13 Francesco
14 --
15 Linux Version 2.6.36-gentoo-r6, Compiled #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jan 3
16 11:54:58 CET 2011
17 Two 2.9GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processors, 4GB RAM, 11659 Bogomips Total
18 aemaeth