From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another USE question
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 07:07:08
1 On Wednesday 27 May 2009 01:06:06 KH wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > sure I want to know what they do mean and I hope I already do with those
5 > I defined for my make.conf. The point is another. Like I set up another
6 > PC with other cpu and gpu I want to be able to just copy and past those
7 > use flags not related to hardware very easy. One the other hand hardware
8 > use flags shouldn't change for my pc so I do now "don't touch this area"
9 > :-) Doesn't this make sense?
10
11 Yes, it always made sense. I wanted to point out that you are spammingg the
12 list with stupid questions that are adequately described elsewhere and in the
13 docs.
14
15 Who cares how you organize your flags? It's just bash variables, so manipulate
16 them any way you want and stick them into any variable you like and cat them
17 all together.
18
19 But why ask us if it's a good idea? The only person using them is you.
22 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com