From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Monitor recognition at boot time
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:15:20
1 On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 14:37:02 +0200, Aleksandar L. Dimitrov wrote:
2
3 > Yes, that's pretty close to what I'm doing right at the moment. But I
4 > would really like to automate this process - that's why I woul really
5 > like to be able to acquire the EDID or something similar (model specs or
6 > just a unique binary value) at boot time, so I can invoke an appropriate
7 > script during system init.
8
9 What about x11-misc/read-edid?
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.