From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another "headless device"-question: In search of the LAN
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:14:35
1 On 30/09/2014 15:03, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:00:39 +0100, Kerin Millar wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> Using 'after' won't work unless both net.eth0 and ntp-client are in
5 >>>> the default runlevel. Obviously, that condition is not satisfied if
6 >>>> you are using ifplugd. Please try the solution mentioned in my
8 >>>
9 >>> ifplugd shouldn't be in any runlevel, it is just there for openrc to
10 >>> use.
11 >>
12 >> I did not claim or suggest otherwise.
13 >
14 > Your suggestion that net.eth0 was not in the default runlevel if using
15 > ifplugd suggested that ifplugd was, otherwise the interface would never
16 > be started.
17
18 No it it didn't. I pointed out that his attempt to use 'after' could
19 never have worked. I did so by explaining the exact conditions under
20 which 'after' would have made a difference.
21
22 Aside from that, I am well aware that he is using ifplugd and how it works.
23
24 --Kerin