From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternatives to knutclient
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:59:18
1 On Monday, 30 October 2017 20:50:16 GMT Dale wrote:
2 > I think we both agree that companies should look long term, it's not
3 > likely they ever will. Their stock owners would cringe if they did,
4
5 Not really. Pension funds would not cringe at all, but feel relieved they
6 found a company with clear focus on long term profit sustainability to invest
7 in. Short term algo-traders skimming the market will of course be displeased.
8
9 > the
10 > Govt types are going to get in the way if they can, regulate it to death
11 > if nothing else, and here we sit.
12
13 Regulation is the 'fix' governments have come up with to address market
14 failures, oligopolistic cartels and lack of true competition, instead of
15 admitting the obvious: natural monopolies like most public utilities are not
16 a good fit for privatisation, if the public good and tax payers' interests
17 count for anything these days.
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick