From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID: new drive on aac raid
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 11:12:46
1 Am 06.10.20 um 11:52 schrieb karl@××××××××.se:
2 > Stefan G. Weichinger:
3 >> Am 05.10.20 um 21:32 schrieb karl@××××××××.se:
4 > ...
5 >> What do you think, is 2 TB maybe too big for the controller?
6 >
7 >>>> 0a:0e.0 RAID bus controller: Adaptec AAC-RAID
8 >
9 > This doesn't really tells us which controller it is, try with
10 >
11 > lspci -s 0a:0e.0 -nn
12
13 I know the model: ICP5165BR
14
15 with ancient Firmware.
16
17 Currently I am in the Controller's BIOS or however you call that. I try
18 to initialize and/or format the drive to make it available.
19
20 The format runs for hours already.
21
22 I prepared a FreeDOS iso with the latest firmware to flash ... after the
23 formatting is done.
24
25 Maybe then the compatibility is better. Or the controller becomes a
26 paperweight.
27
28 I have the impression that the controller hasn't yet fully recognized
29 the disk, it is displayed differently in the array and disk menus of the
30 firmware UI.
31
32 >>> What do sg_verify /dev/sg11 return ?
33 >> nothing
34 >
35 > Well, you have to check the return status: echo $?
36
37 Maybe later, right now not possible (as mentioned above).