From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Make changes to routing table permanent
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:38:04
1 On Sunday 18 December 2005 18:49, Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-user] Make changes to routing table permanent':
3 > Every time I reboot my system, it comes up with the wrong default route.
4 > I use the "route" command to delete the old default route and add the
5 > new one. When I reboot, it comes back up with the wrong default route
6 > again. How do I make the change permanent? Or what could be cause it
7 > to reset?
8
9 Read /etc/conf.d/net.example and modify your /etc/conf.d/net appropriately.
10 There is at least one example that shows how to change the route when a
11 interface comes up.
12
13 If you have using dhcp, your client daemon might be changing your routes.
14 Check its documentation for how to stop this behavior.
17 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
18 bss03@××××××××××.com
19 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy
20 --