From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Cups does not see devices
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:42:12
1 Hi,
2
3 I had a situation when I was trying to get my Laser Jet printer
4 recognized. I was fine with the ink jet, which was connected via usb,
5 but the laser was connected to a parallel port.
6
7 I had to recompile the kernel and select
8 Device Drivers -->
9 Parallel Port Support -->
10 <*>Parallel Port Support
11 <*> PC-Style Hardware
12
13 Don't know if this is a solution to your problem, but thought I would
14 post anyway.
15
16 Regards,
17