From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Changing boot device with 2.6.36
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:45:31
1 Hi,
2
3 starting with the 2.6.36-r5 kernel of the Gentoo sources my boot device
4 changes. With 2.6.35 and below it is alway /dev/sda3, with the new kernel it
5 seems that anything that is internally connected with USB is assigned a
6 device first. Since my computer has an internal media bay (and my monitor
7 has such a thing also) the first HD moves - it I take care it is now
8 /dev/sde3. However, if I forget to switch on the monitor and do this later
9 or if an USB stick is already plugged in at boot time, the HD gets a
10 different device number again.
11
12 Can somebody else confirm such a behaviour with the 2.6.36 kernel and how
13 can this brought back to normal operation?
14
15 - Jörg