From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde update
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 21:57:10
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 22:20 on Tuesday 31 May 2011, Nils Larsson did
3 > opine thusly:
6 >> tisdagen den 31 maj 2011 22:00:28 skrev Dale:
7 >>
8 >>> Does anyone remember the discussion I had about kde packages being in
9 >>> the system set when doing a emerge -e system? If I for example unmerge
10 >>> kde-meta then run --depclean, I bet I would get the error about system
11 >>> packages being removed. It may be because of USE flags but this was
12 >>> what I was concerned about during the last discussion. Having GUI
13 >>> packages, especially KDE, included in the system set, even if because of
14 >>> USE flags, is going to lead to problems at some point.
15 >>>
16 >>> Or maybe I am reading all this wrong?
17 >>>
18 >>> Dale
19 >>>
20 >> I assume you have "kde" enabled on sys-auth/polkit, that pulls in sys-
21 >> auth/polkit-kde-agent and sys-auth/polkit-kde. Thats all the qt-* and
22 >> kdelibs packages.
25 > It appears I was wrong after all.
26 >
27 > Manners dictates that apologies to Dale are in order.
28 >
29 > Sorry Dale.
33 No need. I'm more worried about the heat over here. It's going to be
34 100F tomorrow. My poor garden is starting to cook the food as well as
35 grow it. O_O I just need to explain it better from now on. ;-)
36
37 Now, I bet there is no way to get KDE stuff out of that either. I guess
38 one could disable the flags that pull them in but what would that take
39 away from KDE? Then again, doesn't KDE require polkit now? If so, that
40 can't be removed not without some teeth pulling at least. Those pesky
41 USE flags. lol
42
43 < sighs >
44