From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and adding a option, if it exists.
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 13:05:30
1 Am Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 06:16:12AM -0600 schrieb Dale:
2
3 > >> What does it try to do in simple terms?  Or, how would I use it may be a
4 > >> better question?
5 > > Look at my mail from 23.10., it has a textual description (the one with the
6 > > file tree): it basically wraps the old script over all files.
7 > >
8 > > You have a directory 'A' with videos and a subdirectory 'A/temp' with new
9 > > videos. Start the script in A and it will go through all files in A/temp and
10 > > ask you what to do with each – skip (do nothing), keep (move to A without
11 > > renaming), or overwrite a certain file in A (keeping the extension), which is
12 > > the same as the old script.
13 >
14 > OK.  I think I get it.  It's kinda like dispatch-conf except it is for
15 > files not lines in a file.  No 'merge' option tho. Kinda hard to merge a
16 > video.  lol
17 >
18 > I may try that sometime.  I may copy the files to a different location
19 > just in case I screw up something. It won't be the real files so no harm
20 > if I botch it.
21
22 Always have a backup. ;-)
23 I deny any responsibility for data loss. :-P
24
25 If you want to try it before doing real stuff: you could comment the two
26 lines where it says 'mv -f' and 'rm -f'. Then it won’t do anything, but
27 there are still progress messages being printed.
28
29 > P. S.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to change the resolution of all
30 > videos in a directory.  Usually going from 1080p to 720p.  If you have a
31 > script for that, awesome.
32
33 I use ffmpeg for all my encoding stuff, and have been using wrapper scripts
34 for years now to make things easier. However, none of them has resized yet.
35 It’s not difficult to configure, but the wrapper needs much more logic. As
36 in: find out the current resolution, see if it is actually larger, then
37 calculate the new resolution while keeping the aspect intact and so on.
38
39 > I'm currently using handbrake and it works but there may be a better way.
40
41 I know handbrake by name, have been aware of it for many a year, but never
42 used it. In my Windows days I used VirtualDub for my editing stuff, and on
43 Linux I’ve always used commandline tools, beginning with mencoder back in
44 the day.
47 Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
48 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
49
50 I don’t mind dreaming in a foreign language.
51 What bugs me are the subtitles!